An initiative by Andhra Pradesh Police for providing better emergency service response system to their citizens
Abhayam application/vnd.android.package-archive is a mobile application, which empowers citizens to have the power to protect themselves at a click of button (SoS / Panic). Notification will to be sent to near and dear one and the police.
There is a stealth mode where the user does not need to open the app, but just the click the power button 5 times. The app would automatically send the Panic notifications to the police and their near and dear ones.
The app works both on smart and non-smart basic phones.
Key essential services
• Instant, smart communication between the Citizens and the Police
• Empowering the police force to reduce response times
• Instant reporting of incidents for smart responses
• Monitoring Response times and identifying incident patterns for predictive
management of the emergency workforce.
• It attempts to make the state a significantly safer place empowering the security services and the citizens at the same time.
Important features of Abhayam:
1) Panic: This feature enables the user to alert the police (Police Control Room) with necessary information that they would require for taking swift and agile actions by the police when they are in vulnerable situations. We have even provide Voice Recording for 10 seconds would be picked up when a user presses ‘PANIC’.
2) Missed Call Service: This can be availed by both non-smart phone and smart phone. For all the non-smart phones this missed call number (040-71011800) has to be configured on any one of their buttons using speed dial option. But with regards smartphone this feature becomes active at the click of the PANIC button when there is no internet available on their phones at that minute in time.
3) iReport: This allows the witnesses/passer-by to report an incident either by taking a photograph, video, voice recording, simple a text and send the evidence to the police (Police Control Room). This is mainly focussed on ensuring participation of citizens, the reporting mobile number and the identity of the person can continue to be anonymous.
4) Safe Places: This is a unique feature which will helps the users to identify safes places within 2Km radius. A route to from the current place to the selected place is shown.
5) Travel Tracker: This allows the citizens to be proactive and ensure their safety by voluntarily allowing them to be tracked by their guardians. The USP of this feature is that user can take picture, give destination address and select the list of benefactor that user would like to send. And once the request is received, the benefactors can track the user, to check if user is going in the direction of the destination address or any other route.
The launch of this Mobile App is for the entire state of Andhra Pradesh, with this you can reach police at a click of a button.
‘Abhayam’ has been conceptualized by M/s Logicshore Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore, a subsidiary of SKML Info Technologies & Services Ltd, Vishakhapatnam and designed & developed by Delsys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Suggestions and improvements can be shared with us to improve the services to the citizens at www.appolice.gov.in