Works on all round and square Android Wear smartwatches.
Functional yet beautiful design. Complex yet easy to read weather information. Stylish yet power efficient.
Two weather engines
★ World Weather Online (commercial)
★ OpenWeatherMap (community based)
to ensure maximum accuracy.
Current weather condition and detailed 24 h weather forecast with
that can be grasped intuitively at a glance.
Current wind condition and 24 h wind forecast with
★ Wind speed
★ Wind direction
★ Different units (imperial, metric, knots, Beaufort wind force scale)
that is shake activated.
Current condition prediction without internet connection
★ Unique condition algorithm
★ Accurately predicts current temperature in 10 minute intervals based on forecast data
★ Works for up to 24 hours when phone lost internet connection or watch lost phone connection
Comes with companion application to switch
★ Notification peek card size and ambient mode selection (off/small/large)
★ Battery percentage (on/off)
★ Battery light (color coded battery status halo)
★ Day, month, day of the week (on/off)
★ Temperature units (Celsius/Fahrenheit)
★ Wind speed units (km/h, m/s, mph, knots, Beaufort scale, NEW!)
★ Ambient mode design options (Battery percentage, date, weather condition, high/low, NEW!)
★ 'Feels like' temperatures including wind chill (NEW!)
★ Weather update interval (30 minutes to 12 hours)
★ Manual weather location override
★ Different time ring, battery light design options (NEW!)
Weather information is updated in the background. If outdated, current condition is estimated for up to 48 hours using forecast data.
How to install
Some minutes after the app installed on your phone, the watch face will be copied to your watch automatically. If this does not happen, run 'Resync apps' from settings of the Android Wear App. Choose the watch face in the Android Wear App and enter the settings companion app from there. Select color schemes and features (calendar, battery, ...). Please let us know if you run into any troubles.
Current weather condition is requested by companion app and pushed to Android Wear device.
• Coarse location, network-based (no GPS) for weather data
• Full internet access for weather data request
• Enable weather update service upon reboot
Required by official Google Android Wear Watch Face API
• Prevent phone (watch) from sleeping
• Acts as custom watch face
Weather update status log file is written to your phone for debugging. Can be accessed from advanced settings.
• Read and write contents of USB storage
Tested on: Motorola Moto 360, ASUS ZenWatch, Sony SmartWatch 3, LG G Watch, LG G Watch R, Samsung Gear Live
Wind speed and direction forecast!
Ambient mode design options!
- Wider 'Shake for Wind' sensitivity range
- New experimental 'Shake for Wind' feature - check it out :)
- Ambient mode design options
- More robust weather update service
- Feels like (wind chill) temperatures now in advanced settings
- Many other bug fixes and other improvements
- New weather update service (watch requests)
- Premium weather API (worldweatheronline.com)