When run on tablet devices (screen size larger than 7"), the TouchMix Control app closely follows the operational paradigm and workflow of the mixers. The tablet and the mixer GUI operate independently so it is possible for the tablet to act as an additional user interface that can display and control a set of functions completely different from those being controlled by the mixer’s screen and hardware. When used without an actual TouchMix, the app acts as a demonstration of the mixer GUI and functionality but does not control audio in any way.
On Android smart-phones, the TouchMix Control app functions as a personal stage monitor mix control with the option to also remotely operate the mixer’s record and playback features as well as programmable user buttons.
To prevent inadvertent adjustment of controls, the mixer operator may allow or restrict access to functions on a per-device basis. Up to 12 external devices comprising any combination of Android or iOS smart-phones or tablets may be connected at once to a TouchMix mixer.
Please note that this is a beta version of TouchMix Control which is still undergoing testing. The software is provided on an “as is” basis. QSC does not give any warranties, whether express or implied, as to the suitability of this software. QSC will not be liable for any loss, whether such loss is direct, indirect, special or consequential, suffered by any party as a result of their use of the TouchMix Control Beta. Should you encounter any bugs or other problems with the software, please let us know immediately. Your help in this regard is greatly appreciated.
* Remotely controls main and auxiliary mixes, pans, effects return levels, record / playback functions and user buttons for QSC TouchMix-8 and TouchMix-16 digital mixers.
* Uses the same operational paradigm as the TouchMix user interface and provides access to all digital mixer controls.
* Offline demonstration of TouchMix.
* Includes TouchMix Info system, built-in reference guide.
Controls these TouchMix functions:
* Input channel processing (4-band PEQ, variable high & low-cut filters, gates, compressor)
* Input and output channel naming
* Output channel processing (equalization, variable high & Low-cut filters, anti-feedback filters, delay)
* Selects Simple or Advanced mode
* Displays channel and output level meters
* Channel and output levels
* Effects and auxiliary (monitor) send levels
* Select input presets from extensive library
* Save and recall individual channel settings or complete mixer scenes.
* Select and control 4 simultaneous effects
* Input and output mutes and cues
* DCA and Mute group control and assignments
* Multi-track recorder arm, playback and transport
* And more
Android tablet or smart-phone running Android OS 4.4 or later
QSC TouchMix-8 or TouchMix-16 with version 2.1.4900 or higher firmware installed. This firmware is available at http://www.qsc.com/resources/software/touchmix-firmware/
QSC TouchMix-8 or TouchMix-16 with supplied Wi-Fi adaptor installed or connected to a network via USB-to-Ethernet adaptor (not required for demo-only).
QSC Audio Products, LLC Website TouchMix Support Application License Agreement.